The Eventual Dream

The World and Words of Andrew Stewart

4.30.2005

Love the Darkness

Why do I cry for you
When I know its just me wanting you
It seems my love burns out so fast
I push too hard and go too fast
I live for today but today
Goes my so quickly and I still follow
I put me heart on the line
And the rug gets pulled out every time
Its not as easy as it seems
To rebuild every time you lose your dreams

I stand up every day
And fall down every other
Every third day I get pushed
And when it seems life's at its worst
She puts her hand out and I stand up again
Why do I stand up why can't I stay down
Is it just another pointless failure
Go down the line and see it happens every time
Now its seems I just can't save her
But can I save myself again
One more time off the deep end
Maybe I'll drown and love the darkness
I know the darkness will love me
It always has...

-A.S.-


Its funny... This was written at 6:10pm on October 12,1995 and in ten years I haven't changed what I know or think about it at all...
The difference between the first half and second half is night/day and no matter how many times I read through it or in what context I take it, the last line always haunts me...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    Geez Ug, were you thinking about me and the Demon when you wrote this? Hope things are going good old friend. Still waiting to hear back from you on the e-mail....

     
  • At 12:53 AM, May 06, 2005, Blogger themadamefiles said…

    GOD!! Were you thinking of me thinking of those few special men in my life who have treated me like a doormat?!? WOW - you're good!!
    AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!
    WANT AND NEED MORE OF YOUR WORDS!! ;-)

     
  • At 10:37 PM, June 07, 2005, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said…

    Oh, I relate to this all too well.
    I surfed in here from Aza's blog.

    I had to read it again. ::sigh:: really, I think it could be a song. Have you thought about putting it to music? I hear a faint tune in my head just reading it. ;)

     
  • At 7:42 AM, August 11, 2005, Blogger She Must be Full of BS said…

    *shiver*

    I love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home