The Eventual Dream

The World and Words of Andrew Stewart

3.19.2005

Star Pattern

It's like looking through broken glass
With blood dripping off your arms
And seeing a serenity
That you know can never be yours
And in that dream you call out a name
That you never recognize
And think to yourself how strange it is
That you cover up your lives
The one too many people see each day
And you know cannot be true
Then the one you dream about every night
And know cannot be you
I've come to see and came to know
As the blood dripped off my arms
There are very few precious things in this life
And its lies are all its charms...

-A.S.-

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, March 20, 2005, Blogger Azathoth100 said…

    In the mirror
    there stands a man
    who stares right back at me

    He is there trapped
    inside that glass
    and longs only to be free

    but everyday
    I leave him there
    and head off to my lie

    leaving my heart
    and my soul
    with him to stay and die

     

Post a Comment

<< Home