The Eventual Dream

The World and Words of Andrew Stewart

2.02.2005

I Know

A glance across the room
The woman I did love
Come full circle?
I'd know soon enough
Do you think she noticed
As the tears began to fall
Running stains down my cheeks
I thought I'd seen it all
but I don't know
I don't know

A right way to redemption
The wrong way to divine
No longer searching
For love in the nick of time
Had to keep it covered
The passion and the fire
Put it under wraps
Thought I could control desire
But I don't know
I don't know

My love is sailing out to sea
Keep a warm and waiting
Place in your heart for me
It's like a new life
I've been brought back to begin
I'll think back and smile now and then

A glance across the world
It feels like we're apart
One night of love
For a lifetime in the heart
A little time away
Is a lifetime deep inside
For every night we loved
There were two that I cried
And that I know
That I know...


-A.S.-

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home